New Year, New post. New layout?

Happy New Year Everyone!


I can't say too much about this picture right now as I was researching the feasibilities of this years Micro Model Railroad Cartel Micro layout building challenge. It's no good suggesting a challenge if the idea only works in say, 00 and H0 scale. When you have a bunch of talented and creative modellers working in scales larger than that. Like 16mm scale and 7/8ths scale, for example.
Here I'm thinking in 3D. Trying structures from the aborted Cuddle project to see how they fit on the baseboard. 
I'm not too sure if what I'm thinking of would actually work for the challenge. I'm always full of crazy ideas. The crazy idea being considered here is to have the rail traffic move towards and away from the viewer, rather than pass from side to side. I've considered this one many times over the years and even started a few other projects using it. If this was a good idea, I'm sure that there would be many more layouts out there laid out like this. As it is I can only think if a couple of layouts. 
Ah well, back to the drawing board... 
Maybe.

Comments