Deflated

Here today in the USA its National take a model train to work day. The organisers bill it as a great chance to spread to word about this great hobby. A great idea. When you consider that computer gaming is all the rage. A down to earth low tech hands on presentation of the hobby seems like a great idea.
Until you get ridiculed at work.
Like me.
I though people were better than that. I could take it when I was a kid at school. You know kids don't care what they do or say. But in this world of mature responsible adults, especially here in the USA where political correctness and respect for all is preached from all angles of society. To be greeted with derisive laughter is kind of upsetting. Deflating to say the least. It definitely bothers me otherwise I wouldn't be posting this.
I was really on a good high with the hobby after the success last weekends Granite City Train show so this idiots reaction is doubly painful.
I might just take a break for a while...
Still it is only one idiot.
But still...
I don't know...

Comments

  1. Ian,

    You have to let that stuff go in one ear and out the other. Some people will always think of model trains as toys, and look at those who follow the hobby as overgrown kids. They don't know what they're missing, so it's their loss.

    Hang in there, Ian. Your work is appreciated!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. A drag to say the least but as you say it was only one..how many were non-committal or actually encouraging ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gene: I had one other person who was genuinely interested in what I had to say. The vast majority were not interested

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I guess that's not bad ...one pratt, one good guy and the rest oblivious.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment