In case you want to make a shopping list...

I was looking around on the internet last night and sourced a few structures suitable for a layout like this.
There are a couple of possiblities on the grain elevators this one and this one. Though I don't know how the moudings for the silos shape out. Wether the kit makes up as individual silos or as a block of all eight or perhaps even two strips of four.
Then this imposing structure from Atlas would look great as low relief on the backscene and may even contain enough parts to make the view blocks at the front as well.
I already have enough track in stock for the layout and would only need the structures. Although I love to make buildings I think with such large imposing structures I'd go for the kits and give them a few individual touches along the way.
Tempting indeed, and as my wife and I are heading up to Duluth, MN to see the new year in perhaps I'll go and drink in some layout atmosphere while we're there.

Comments