Minneapolis Fork. Part 8. Back to the cutting board.

 Today I took the serious step of tearing up the building I started this week. It was a decision not taken lightly. But after reviewing the state of the warping of the foam core board substructure. I decided that it would be nigh on impossible to add enough bracing to pull the structure flat. 

These two photographs show how much the substructure was warped.
This is most definitely a huge step back. Luckily I managed to salvage the materials that I clad the substructure with, so that will be able to be re-used. I feel better about that. There was a lot of work involved in the production of the 28” long corrugated section. It was removed in one undamaged piece.
I will have to find a new, warp free, easy to work material for the substructure. Perhaps I’ll be able to find some Elmers foam board somewhere. It will be hard to trust this Fome-Core Pro board again, that’s for certain.


Comments