A structure as big as some of my layouts. Minneapolis Fork. Part 11

I know I said I was going to lay the track and run trains. But the structure drew me in and I needed to do more work to it. Here it is. Pretty much done. A few tiny details to add and then a trip to the paint shop.

A big building
There’s one particular detail that I’m looking to fit in. It’s the protective gate across the warehouse doors. I may model one door open, revealing a tantalizing glimpse of the interior. Mind you, it will have be very tantalizing with a depth to the building of only one inch to work with. But one door will be closed with a gate across it. Any suggestions as to how to model one? Some type of brass etching perhaps? I’ve had screen door and drywall repair patch mesh suggested to me. But they might be a bit on the small side?
A retractable safety gate should be a noticeable feature on the doors
The structure itself is 35” long and 10” tall (890mm x 250mm). Bigger than some of my layouts have been. Perhaps my next project should be a micro whose footprint is the same size as the building frontage!

HaHa! I’m joking about the situation now. But two weeks ago I never thought it would get here.  


Comments

  1. Search ebay for etched mesh and you’ll probably find a sheet of something that’ll suit your fancy for the gate. - Greg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment