APA'n there's an idea blooming

For those of you who are not Gnatterboxers I've been messing around with the APA box just to see what fits in there. The items featured here are from my Gnine stockpile. Many will say "Gnine? What the devil is Gnine?" I think I coined the term so you'd better visit here to find out more. Lots of G scale bits and pieces and 9mm gauge track for a bit of fun.
Above: overall view
Above and below: the two ends of the "layout" close up. The LNER concrete platelayers hut is really too big for the cabinet. I don't like the brick wall in the background too much either. Even though in its day it was quite famed in the Gn15 world. I have collected a considerable amount of coffee stirring stick and would like to knock up a wooden fence somewhere on the model.
Quite what the subject of the layout would be is unknown to me. Real 9" gauge railways have been used in the most unusual places. A Lavender farm springs quickly to mind. My first Gnine layout was a mushroom farm I know of at least one apple orchard that has a miniature railway running through it. Some kind of agricultural subject then. We'll see. It certainly gives me food for thought.

Comments

  1. You know what would be REALLY cool? Develop a "standard" for modules built in one of these boxes, designed to make them inter-connectable (think FreeMo or N-Trak). It would literally create a series of connected, but seperate, scenes through which a train could travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Module Schmodule... ;-) I will write at length sometime on my hatred of modular model railroading. But the idea is certainly a sound one in principal if you like that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the inspiring idea of using the APA box as a small-layout body. I will keep this in mind for one of my coming small layouts. Having moved from building modules to stand-alone dioramas and small layouts some time ago, I'm looking forward to your text why you don't like modular model railroading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The design of the layout can be a little complex when you consider all the elements involved. It's more than just the visual appeal. Without a proper layout and design it would be impractical to gather materials and start building. The scale and design should include the distances between the rails. There are many types involved and so it is best to do your research beforehand.
    model railway layouts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment